Free Picks College Football Week 10
Bryan Albin’s College Football Games of the Week
5. #17 Arkansas (+4.5) @ #18 South Carolina (-4.5) – This ought to be an interesting SEC matchup between two SEC teams. For Ryan Mallett and Arkansas, this is a must win game to stay in contention for a BCS at large bowl birth. South Carolina’s BCS hopes still hinge on its game with Florida, as that game ought to decide the SEC East champion. Arkansas is playing without its best wide out, Greg Childs, who is out for the rest of the season with an injury. South Carolina has been the victim of inconsistent play at times, as evidenced by beating Alabama and then losing to Kentucky in back to back weeks. At the end of the day, I think Arkansas has a more talented team and has more on the line, so Arkansas will come out with the victory.
Pick: Arkansas 30 South Carolina 24 Arkansas covers
4. #22 Baylor (+8.5) @ #19 Oklahoma St (-8.5)- Is Baylor ready to assert itself as a Big XII title contender? That is the question surrounding this Big XII South matchup in Stillwater. Baylor, led by JR. QB Robert Griffin III is 4-1 in Big XII play and just came off of a huge win at Texas. Oklahoma St. has just one loss on the season, which was a shootout against Nebraska. Both teams pride themselves on being able to score at will, so be ready for a shootout. At the end of the day I don’t see Baylor being able to pull off this road win.
Pick: Baylor 21 Oklahoma St. 35 Oklahoma St. Covers
3. #13 Arizona (+8) @ #10 Stanford (-8)- Both of these teams are fighting for the right to stay within striking of distance of Oregon for the Pac-10 title. Stanford, led by Andrew Luck has destroyed just about everyone except for Oregon this year, whereas Arizona has struggled at times, including its last game at UCLA. To me this pick is easy, as I simply expect Andrew Luck and company to show Arizona that playing in Palo Alto is no easy task.
Pick: Arizona 20 Stanford 41 Stanford Covers
2. #6 Alabama (-6.5) @ #12 LSU (+6.5) – For the 2nd time since he left them for the NFL, Nick Saban returns to Baton Rouge to take on the LSU Tigers. Alabama is still in the National Championship hunt and looking to reassert itself as the team to beat in the SEC West with a strong finish to the season. The key to this game will be LSU’s passing game. LSU’s defense can keep it in just about any game, but if it plans on scoring on Alabama it will need to have success through the air. I think this will be a great game, but Alabama has a little too much for LSU in the end.
Pick: Alabama 24 LSU 20 LSU covers
1. #3 TCU (-5) @ # 5 Utah (+5)- You don’t just walk into Rice-Eccles stadium and get a victory. In fact, Utah hasn’t lost a home game since the 2007 season. However, TCU is the best team that has come into that stadium since the streak began. If TCU wins, it solidifies itself as a National Title contender. If Utah wins, it becomes a National Title Contender. I think TCU is more prepared for this game than Utah is. TCU has big wins over Oregon St. and Baylor, while Utah’s biggest win was arguably its overtime victory against Pittsburgh the first week of the season. Utah is a great team, but I don’t think it is ready for TCU, who may be headed to the National Championship game.
Pick: TCU 34 Utah 14 TCU covers